Tate Branch Carlsbad
Job Title: Detail Technician
Reports to: Service Manager
Position Description: The Detail Technician cleans and refurbishes new and used vehicles. Wear company approved uniform.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Wash vehicle, using cleaning solution, water, cloths and brushes.
- Clean engine to remove grease and other materials.
- Apply special purpose cleaners to remove foreign materials which normal cleaning procedures do not remove, following recommendations of the product’s manufacturer.
- Assist technicians with keeping service department clean and organized.
- Assist with property maintenance and appearance.
- Greet customers immediately in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Complete all training as directed by supervisor.
- Complete OSHA right-to-know training.
- Follow policies and procedures as set forth in Employee Handbook.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Educational: High school diploma or the equivalent.
Experience: One year of related experience preferred.
Special Skills (i.e., licenses, certifications, etc.): Knowledge of motorcycle repair and maintenance. Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information. Ability to use personal computer applications. Good judgment. General mechanical skills and manual dexterity. Current valid motorcycle endorsed driver’s license preferred.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Frequently required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and handle tools. Frequently requires the ability to balance and push 900-pound motorcycles. Frequently works near moving mechanical parts. Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motorcycle repair facility. Frequently, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
THE ABOVE DECLARATIONS ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE AN “ALL-INCLUSIVE” LIST OF THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB DESCRIBED OR OF THE SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE JOB. RATHER, THEY ARE INTENDED ONLY TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB.
Signature (Employee) Date
Signature (Supervisor) Date